Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hi there

How are you? Good, I hope.
Just thought I'd drop in a quick post to let you know I am still out here. :)
I'm hoping that my coffee kicks in soon, because I am barely keeping my eyes open today.

Lately I have been tired a lot. I think it is simply the non stop, race track of a life I have these days. I keep thinking that football doesn't last forever. And the games are fun. I'm meeting lots of new people. I'm catching up with a lot of people from back in high school. So there is some good intermingled with all the exhaustion. ;) As of right now, Josh's team remains winless, and Jo's team remains undefeated. It's nice just to see them play.

We did get out to our area festival last weekend, and I got some fun pictures of the hot air balloons going up:











I am still reading every chance I get. Have read some great books lately. I'm a fast reader, and it helps pass the time while waiting for football practice to let out. I've also been taking my Tazzy with me to practices. He loves the attention he gets, and I get to spend more time with him. I'm not home nearly enough, so my portable pup rides along.



"Are we there yet?"

I finally got out to visit my friend, Sheila, and see the house she bought...and moved in to back in July. It's about a 45 minute drive for me. I spent about three hours with her Sunday, which was the most we've seen each other in months. The Browns (Robert's team) played the Bengals (my team) on Sunday, and I decided to make myself scarce. The Browns triumphed, but Robert gets all worked up during these games, so I like to find somewhere else to be. That way he can grump at the t.v. in peace. :) Sheila has two new additions to her family:

Nicky, who was dropped off in the country not far from Sheila. She's about 6 months old. She's a sweetie! It's speculated that she is a Border Collie/Cocker Spaniel mix.


And Houston, a 2 year old Red Doberman that her friend gave her when she moved in to an apartment. Sheila has five acres for him to explore. He's big and intimidating looking, but sweet as can be. Still puppyish. He's all played out in this pic, so he found a sunny spot to snooze.

Bipsy and I head out to Tennessee again this weekend. We'll leave Sunday morning and come back Monday evening this time. We won't be staying quite as long this trip. I am happy that I won't miss Jo's game Saturday, so it's good timing. I think I will enjoy getting away for those two days, even if we won't get as much sight seeing in. This week at work will be hectic, getting the finishing touches on the training materials.

Nothing else to report, really. Jess is doing well, and not currently playing any sports. She spends most of her time these days fussing with her hair and watching dvds or talking with her friends online. Yesterday she was on burnout and decided to read. Oh, to be young again. So few responsibilities, so much free time. :)

Well, that's about it on my end. Hope this post finds you blessed! Hugs!

3 comments:

neicybelle said...

yay! i love hot air balloons! thanks for the pics! the dogs are just darling!! sooooo cute!

wishing you a great weekend! come back to us safely!
*hugs*

John said...

Yay, I got back on! Glad to hear that all is well. Taz looks like Dana's dog. I don't know the breed but they're great dogs.

Shari said...

Our local Hot Air Balloon Fest is always 4th of July weekend and we try to never miss attending. Most years the weather doesn't permit lifting off---just the Balloon Burn. This year the weather was spectacular and we (me,my husband and my 4-1/2 year old grandson) enjoyed every minute of watching the Balloons float up into the air!!! Thanks for sharing your photos.
- shari