I am at a reflective place in my life. I am feeling better and trying to get some of my priorities in order. I'm at a place where I know my life can't go on as it has, so revisions have to be made. There is stress and worry and issues that sap my energy. We all have difficult challenges to face...in one way or another. For some it might be money issues. For others, relationship issues. Maybe it's job security or emotional upheaval or health concerns. Or all of the above.
I think many people take inventory of their lives at the dawn of a new year. That can be good.
No, I don't do resolutions. They don't stick. I think I do evaluations.
In many ways, there is abundance in my life. Some lacking, much abundance.
Over and over I've seen people in my life pray for blessings and talk about how they wish something specific would happen. And then when the good thing happens, they don't take time to reflect on it before they're off on the next problem.
I'm guilty as charged on this as well. Do I stop to thank God for what blessings I have, big or small? Do I talk of my fortune as well as my misfortunes?
I'm looking at my life, and here's what I am thankful for:
This post was started last month, and I didn't have time to get back to it. However, I still feel this way, so I'm continuing it in February.
- I've been working out 3-4 times a week, and I feel loads better than before.
- Robert's working out, too, and we're both focused on healthier food choices.
- My relationship with Josh is peaceful right now. He has shown real signs of maturity this year.
- Jess is back on ADD meds at her request. The improvement in her behavior and focus is phenomenal. Her teachers are noticing a difference already.
- Jo is spending a lot of time with his cousin...Fred Jr. They've been alternating....we keep little Fred one weekend, and his mom keeps Jo the next weekend. Jo has always been quite opposed to going anywhere to spend the night with ANYONE. Even my mother-in-law. So this is a welcome change for Robert and I. When little Fred is with us, the boys play so well together that we hardly know they're around. When Jo goes there, Robert and I actually get to go on a date now and then. It's refreshing.
- I'm so blessed to have the friends that I do. They are such a treasure in my life!
- I love having Dish network, and have passed many a blah winter day watching my new favorite show, "Monk."
- I've been able to read a couple of great books. Most recently, "Three Weeks with My Brother," by Nicholas Sparks was amazing.
- I have a new favorite cd, which is the new release by Natasha Betingfield. Her songs "Happy" and "Pocketful of Sunshine" have been playing in my cd player quite a bit. My mood is elevated each time I hear those songs. What's even better, is that I got the cd through Rhapsody-free-after saving music download codes from Wendy's cups.
- I spent some quality time with Sheila watching the Superbowl last Sunday. I get to see her at least two more times this month...tomorrow at a 3 hour crop and on the 23rd at an all day crop. We have a lot of catching up to do.
- Saturday, Sandy and I are going to a retirement dinner for a CM big whig. It's free food and door prizes at a fancy hotel in Columbus. It's an excuse to dress up and get out of the house. I'm looking forward to it!
- There's nothing to say real exciting about my job except that I still have one. I'm doing some big time soul searching about my future....
- This may sound silly, but Robert has a coworker whose wife works in a doctor's office. She's been sending in all kinds of fun pens and goodies that the drug reps leave. I've got some pretty nifty pens of late. It's just something fun that I'm enjoying.
- I got a free Build a Bear Valentine dog. I had a $5 coupon and a $10 reward certificate, so I ended up paying a whopping $.69 for it. Yay! Here's a picture:
- Bipsy went to Yosemite last week and she's back! Wheh! What a hectic week! She brought me back a mint green fleece jacket, which I'm lovin'-and wearing right now-and a big Yosemite mug. Yay to unexpected goodies!
- My blogger friend, Denise just bought a house! I am so happy for her! Yay Denise!
- I'm excited that PJ is back, blogging again! I missed you! And she's got a little girl on the way! How exciting!
- Pat continues to learn and grow and she has so many people's lives she has touched through her blog.
- Elliemarie is having a difficult year, and hasn't blogged a great deal. However, she is making some positive and healthy changes in her life. I am so proud of her!
- Holli is pregnant! She's had her first sonogram and all is well! She is thrilled and I'm rejoicing with her!
- It's a new year, with new challenges and new highs and lows. I've got a lot to be thankful for.
Thank you for the blessing you are in my life! If I haven't said it lately, I love you lots!