Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Is it Friday yet?


I'm tired. Yesterday I came to work early...5:45 a.m..... and I left at 3 in the afternoon...two hours early.

"This way," thought me, "I can go home, clean, do some laundry, then maybe go to bed early." HA!

I didn't stop running until I fell in to bed at 11 p.m. Sigh. I am tired today. Plus I'm a little achey.

It seemed like I had a hundred little errands to run. Then Rob asked me to go grocery shopping with him....which is a rare thing indeed. He said he missed me and just wanted to spend some time with me, and if we had to go grocery shopping to get some "us" time, it would be worth it. I was pulled in by this rare sweet comment from him and I threw my previous agenda out the window.

So, after I got some of my errands done, we ended up picking up my mother-in-law and we all went to a grocery store Rob and I have never been to in a neighboring town. I am so glad I normally don't have to grocery shop. It's just not my cup of tea. Rob and I did get a lot of chatting in along the way, but mainly just about whether or not the price of peaches was better at the new store or at the one we normally go to. Not much bonding time there.

I was exhausted by the time we got home and put everything away. Dinner was cold cuts for the family and a banana for me.

Tonight I hope to actually go home and do some organizing, as well as laundry...maybe have some quality time with my kids and pets. That is, if they still recognize me and let me in the house... ;)

Here's another cartoon I found when I cleaned out some of my filing at work yesterday: It's just up my alley because it's dripping with sarcasm. I think Alice from Dilbert was modeled after me on a cranky day. ;) Like today, kinda. ;)




Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

4 comments:

neicybelle said...

i love alice! i love dilbert! i love wally! i love asok!! i love dogbert and catbert and ratbert!! that's an awesome cartoon, by the way!!

even if you don't share deep conversation, he probably appreciated just being with you...i'm sure of it...

hope you get some rest tonight!

John said...

I think it was awesome of Rob to try and make some time with you. Sometimes you only get to share times when you have to do mundane things, but that's the way it goes. So be happy that you have someone who loves you and values spending time with you. Have a great day and good luck getting things done around the house!

Holli said...

I love those moments my hubby says something sweet & kind (they are rare) and then I realize later he wants something. LOL!
Quality time doesn't = deep moments it = time spent together basking in each others presence.
Love ya!

Kristi K. said...

How did you three get so wise? Thanks for reminding me that time spent together...even at the grocery store... is better than no time spent together at all.

You're awesome!