Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Two Hundred Posts


This is humbling to me...two hundred posts on my blog. Since July 2004. As I type, I am reminded of how many people I have come to know through this blog....how many prayers have been answered since I started this thing....how much has happened. I am so honored to know each and every one of my fellow bloggers...and thankful that we have shared laughs over the miles...said prayers for one another, offered support, passed on tidbits of information and a few jokes. We've smiled at one another's pictures and formed our own community of sorts.

A few quick notes: My friend, Sandy S., called yesterday to tell me that her husband, Joe is home and doing well. He is even up and about, not even feeling weak. He will have some further tesing, but is very much on the mend. She sends many thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Josh is doing great. The cut is healing nicely...and he got his way...no doctor. I did have him sit out for gym today. Maybe tomorrow, too. Otherwise, he's up and at 'em.


I also want to send out congratulations to my friend, Sandy B., who is a grandma for the 6th and 7th time in the last few days! Up until this week, she had 5 grandchildren...all grandsons. October has been good to her! Two new grandbabies were born...both girls. One to her son and daughter-in-law here in Ohio, and one to her son and daughter-in-law in Colorado. How exciting! That's reason to celebrate...and scrapbook! ;)


On my way home from work today I decided to use my video feature a bit on my camera. It will record as much video as I have memory space on my disk. I decided, though I couldn't hold the camera as steady as I would like- to share this video, along with a story.

This video is of some horses on a big stretch of land about 3/4 of a mile from my house. I love driving past this land, and watching the horses graze. They are lovely, friendly horses and have plenty of personality! My friend, Wyn, was in town last year and was taking her morning jog on this quiet country road. She jogged past these horses, and halfway past the field, she got a strange feeling she was being followed. She looked into the field, and the horses were following along with her, keeping pace with her; casually trotting along the fenceline, giving her some company. She cracked up laughing, having never been joined in any of her jogs by curious horses.

Anyway, here is the video: it's a short clip...please forgive the unsteadiness....I was trying to drive about 10 mph and film, which isn't as easy as it sounds. One day I'll try to film the beautiful creatures closer...and not in my car.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

3 comments:

Holli said...

you know - you are so Cuuuute!
I just love you more than you know! you have such a beautiful heart and spirit! You are a beautiful woman and I am so grateful to be a part of your life!

Leah said...

200 posts-wow! Thank you for sharing so much with all of us! It has been awesome getting to know you through your blog and your visits to my blog.

Love the horses!

neicybelle said...

ok...i'm a little motion sick...but i like it! thank you!