Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Update

My brother just called me. My Aunt Marlene has been diagnosed with skin cancer. She has had a mole on her nose for several years, and they just removed it. It is cancerous. We don't know how bad it is. She lives just a mile from my workplace, so I am leaving to go see her. My birth mom was her twin sister. Mom survived Non-Hogkins Lymphoma, only to die of a blood clot last November.

My Aunt Marlene and I are very close. Her best friend, Chris, committed suicide on Mother's Day weekend. Last year in June her daughter-in-law died in a car accident. July 9th, her grandson had heart surgery. She has just had so much to contend with. My heart is breaking right now. Please, please, please pray for her.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Leah said...

My heart goes out to you, Kristi. You and your aunt are in my thoughts.

neicybelle said...

wow...you all are definitely in my prayers...i'm so sorry to hear she has to go through this...

Holli said...

You know I am praying and passing the prayers on!

Kristi K. said...

Thanks, ladies. You are all such wonderful support!