Thursday, August 10, 2006

Aunt Marlene

Just a quick post regarding Aunt Marlene.

I left work yesterday to spend the afternoon with her. What I learned was that it was two moles that she had removed, one of them had appeared last year. Both are cancerous. They will have to go in and cut tissue from her nose until they reach non-cancerous cells. From there, we will know more. It sounds like tests will need to be done to make sure the cancer hasn't spread. Then her treatment options will be made known to her.

We had a really good visit yesterday. Unbeknownst to me, she is on the internet. She has a computer and high speed internet now. I showed her how to get on my blogs and read them. From now on, I'll be posting in a little larger font, because you know, when people get old, they can't see as well. HAHA! Just kidding, Aunt Marlene. ;) One of the great things about spending time with Aunt Marlene is that we make each other laugh so much. We both need that.

I was touched because I heard Aunt Marlene talking to my brother, T., and I heard him talking about someone being good to have around. That this person was "inspirational" and a person who brings positivity and laughter with them. That this person is someone you want around if you want to feel better. It turns out, he was talking about me! I thought it was sweet. I didn't know he felt that way about me. Snif. Of course, then I asked him if I was so inspirational, why doesn't he come and see me more often? I had to get that barb in somehow. ;)

Anyway, your continued positive thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. I'm really tired today, feeling pretty emotionally drained.

I feel strongly that Aunt Marlene is going to do well. She thought is was no coincidence that the day before yesterday (Tuesday) I was feeling "weepy" all day. That was the day she got her news about the cancer. She said she cried off and on throughout the day. Was it her pain I was feeling or my friend's? Or both? I don't know.

Today I'm supposed to go to Sandy's for a crop. I may stay just a few hours. Sandy's street intersects with Aunt Marlene's. There is an hour between the time I get off work and the time I have to be at the crop. I may just spend that hour visiting with my favorite aunt. ;)

On another note, today is my 8th anniversary here at work. Woo-hoo. Bipsy and I may have lunch together...not sure which.

Also, if my Jess reads this, which if she doesn't, maybe Deb will and then maybe Deb will tell Jess what I said (hint hint) :) ...anyway, I'm so thankful for Jess right now. She has spent the last few days cleaning. The kitchen is sparkling and has been when I arrive home two days in a row. The dishes have been washed and dried and put away. The counters are organized and tidy, and even my white floor has been a white floor for the last two days. I've been so impressed. I've told her so in person, but I felt her efforts have been worthy of a mention on my blog. She's a blessing.

So, that's it for now. I hope you're having a great day there. More later.

8 comments:

Leah said...

I'm glad you were able to have a good visit with your aunt. I hope the tests come back that the cancer has not spread and there are some viable treatment options for her. That was very sweet of your brother to say those things about, and they are true! Try nad take some time for yourself to recharge your emotional batteries.

Kristi K. said...

Thanks, Ellie. I so appreciate that. You're sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad your feeling a bit better. Believe it or not, my father in law just went through what your Aunt is...he had the surgery to remove the cancer on his face and came through just fine! I hope and pray for your family to come through as well as mine did. Take care.
Chris

Kristi K. said...

Chris,
Thank you so much for telling me. I so need to hear that right now.
It's good to have those type of positive comments during times like this!

neicybelle said...

thank you for the update! i'm glad your visit went so well!

John said...

Kristi, my Mom also had this and had it removed and it was no problem. I really hope your Aunt makes it through. I feel she will.

Kristi K. said...

Thanks for those words, J.F....they help so much.

As of right now, there are two more growths on her nose. I just want her to hurry up and have the surgery so we know what the treatment options are. Until then, it's just a bunch of guessing.

Kristi K. said...

Thanks, Deb. It's one thing to say it to Jess in person, but to be mentioned on my blog for her efforts...it makes it "real" to her. She knows if it's worth me writing about here, it must be important to me. ;)
Have I told you lately what a blessing you are in my life, Deb? You truly are. Thank you.