Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Out with the Cold, In with the Sandals

Last night I boxed up and put away the winter clothes, and started hanging up the summer stuff. Sandals replaced boots, yellows replaced greys, and t-shirts replaced sweaters. I love it! The laundry is going to get so much easier! Despite the pulling out of dusty boxes from the attic, my allergies didn't kick in, which is an accomplishment!

Have I mentioned that I love spring?

Today I came in to work and my boss...who is my dear friend as well...left my usual coffee on my desk as well as a cute little gift. (I live the good life!) :) Anyway, the gift was a measuring spoon set attached to a barn that can be either hung on a wall or placed on a fridge. My whole kitchen theme is barnyard, so this will be a cute addition to my decor. My "city" house had a rooster theme, and Mom had a cow theme in her kitchen. So when Mom passed away and we bought her house, I combined our themes and made a barnyard...or country kitchen theme. This weekend I just found a little magnet set that had a sheep, horse, cow and pig and put it on the fridge. So this is really cool!

It's been a nice start to the day. The sun is shining. It's not raining. I am so thankful for all of my friends; I am loving my job right now. God is good. Life is good. Who could ask for more?

2 comments:

Pam said...

Kristi thanks for stopping by! I was so happy to hear from you and thank you for praying. Truth be told, I haven't had the proper time to peruse your blog but promise to do so very soon!!

Glad you're having a great day!

neicybelle said...

so, we have more in common than our moms...that's a good thing! i did some serious spring cleaning over my vacation. the house feels 50 lbs lighter. ha!