Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Come Here Often?

I find myself coming back to my blog more and more often. The more I write in my blog, the less I write in my actual diary. Hmmm. Interesting. I've talked to some really cool people as a result of having this blog, so I am counting it all joy.

Anyway, the whole "consolidate our bills" thing fell through. Rats. Bummer. But that's okay. Just time to regroup and formulate a new plan. Part of me wasn't feeling absolutely sure that we were doing the right thing, so this must be God's way of protecting us. I'm going to view it as such. His ways are higher than our ways! Besides, our house is ultra organized and clean from having to get ready for the appraisal! Nothing motivates me quite like a deadline!

Hearing myself say, "His ways are higher than our ways" reminds me of a story from my life.

My husband had taken Josh in to the grocery store when he was around 2 years old. I was out in the car, waiting for them where I could see them come out so I could pick them up at the door. If I recollect, it was probably cold outside and I wanted to keep the car warm for them.

Anyway, on their way out, I could see the two of them having a conversation at the .25 machines. Josh wanted to get a trinket out of the machines, and he was pointing directly in front of his line of vision. Meanwhile, Rob kept pointing at the items in the machines on the second row up. Josh couldn't see that high, so this went on for a few minutes. Josh would insist on the items in the machines on the first level, and Rob kept pointing at the items in the machines on the second level.

Watching from the car, I was getting a kick out of the whole scene. Finally, Rob picked Josh up and showed him the machines that he was looking at. A huge smile came over Josh's little face and he nodded in agreement with his daddy. Indeed, the items on the second row WERE better!

As I sat there, a sense of peace came over me. I instantly realized that this scene plays out in our daily lives with God. We see life through limited vision, unable to see the good things in store for us. Why? Because we aren't as big as God, and we can't see as high as He does. We are stubborn, thinking our way is the right way, the only way. But if we trust in God's word, we know that His ways are higher than our ways, and there is more out there just waiting for us. We just have to believe.

That's my bit of inspiration for the day, hope that uplifted someone out there in a real way.

Having said that, here's my rant. It's trivial, and probably not even worth mentioning, but I'm going to, anyway:


I try not to be negative, just as I try not to talk politics or celebrity gossip, but I have to say this whole Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes thing is rather irritating. I know children are a gift from God, and for that I rejoice with them, but GEEZ! Get a new subject, media, will ya?

Tom Cruise bores me, anyway. I was never one that thought he was all that big of a hunk, even in the "Top Gun" days. I go for the tall, rough around the edges, kind of dangerous looking guy. Tom is none of the above. But how much more can be said about these people? It's like the J-Lo and Ben Affleck thing. It got so old that I didn't even want to turn on the t.v.! Is this what we're reduced to as the viewing public?

Okay, enough of that rant. I wish them all the best. I just wish them all the best out of the public eye!

Just got some paperwork handed to me that I have to take care of. Fun!

More later.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I love this post! What a sweet, endearing story. I especially love the fact that you could take that and turn it into a comparison of our relationship with God.

Oh and I'm SO in agreement with you on the Tom Cruise baby. Puhleeease! Between that and duke (as if no other rapes ever happened before on a campus) it seems to me someone with money runs the media. The media is really ridiculously stupid.

And that's MY rant.

(stepping down off of soapbox)

neicybelle said...

Can I amen everything Pam said? I needed that story, thanks! And I want to gag every time I hear Tom (gag) Cruise's name! *choke*