Friday, April 28, 2006

I'm Here. That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It.

Wheh. Another tired-y day. I overslept...sort of on purpose. I got up, got the kids up for school, picked out Jo's clothes, made sure he got dressed and when they got on the bus, I laid back down. At that point, in order to be at work on time, I should have either:

A.) Not laid back down at all, since they get on the bus at 7:00 a.m. and I have to be at work at 8:00 a.m., with a 15ish minute drive.

or:

B.) I could have laid down for ten minutes max, taken a quick shower, thrown on clothes and settled for foundation only as makeup for the day. (Foundation is a pre-requisite for leaving the house, as I refuse to scare small children if I leave home without it.)

However, I opted for C.) Forget I have any actual responsibilities, lay down, fall into a deep sleep, wake up at 8:15 a.m., call work, tell them I overslept and will be in before 9 a.m., procede to shower, throw on clothes and some foundation, thus starting out the day a little more rested but rushed.

I kind of feel like I'm coming down with something, though. It may be allergies. Everyone at work has been coughing and sneezing all week, so I think maybe it's a cold going around. I feel sorta wheezy and achey.

Enough whining for now.

Tonight I have a birthday party to take Jo to. It's my friend, Sheila's, son. He's five. It's a Power Ranger's theme. Power Rangers have been around since...maybe before...my 15 year old was born. Will they ever go away? Who knows. Anyway, that should be nice, because it's at a park right by where I work. I like those outdoor parties this time of year. The raised voices of little ones is easier to deal with outside than inside a crowded mall or Chuck E. Cheese venue. Never underestimate the power of five-year-olds combined with bad accoustics and too much icing.

So, that's what my Friday looks like so far. After the party I hope to have enough energy to clean a little at home. Josh wants a friend over for the weekend, so he has pledged to pitch in after school today and do some housework. We will see how that pans out. Yesterday he was griping that I hadn't washed any of his shorts that he likes this week. I laughed and promptly reminded him that he knows how to do laundry and is just as able bodied as I am. I assured him that he can feel free to trot on down to the basement and start a load any time his little heart desires. Boy, did that sound like a Mom-ism or what? In return, I got a disgusted grunt, and he got no further reaction from me. If clean shorts are a priority to him, perhaps he'll get with the program.

Just like my t-shirt says: "Raising Teenagers is Like Being Pecked to Death by a Chicken." Truly. You never actually die, you just get irritated until the end of time.

If I don't get back here any more today, have a great weekend!

No comments: