Wednesday, June 25, 2008

To Do List

Has anyone noticed that when a person goes away on a trip, there is lots to do? Not to mention that part of the mission of my trip to Georgia is to transport some items to my uncle that my grandmother requested that he receive after her passing. It's been over three years since she passed, and I still haven't taken them down. Why, you may ask? Why would I take so long?


Because some of the items can't be flown, shipped or taken by bus. No, they aren't bombs, just WW II relics that can be considered weapons...though they are family heirlooms of sorts.

Sigh. Anyway, I've had to locate and pull those items out of storage....and now I have the following list to work on, which seems to keep growing:

  1. Get Jeep washed
  2. Get laundry caught up, which I've been working on this week
  3. Wash the cooler that has been in storage
  4. Pack gifts that I have for my little cousin Jesse, as well as Uncle Ron and Aunt Pat
  5. Pay this week's and next week's bills prior to leaving
  6. Pick up a box of contact lenses
  7. Make sure animals have adequate food so Robert doesn't have to go to the store and pick any up while I am away.
  8. Clean litter box, guinea pig cages
  9. Check Jeep fluids, tire pressure, etc.
  10. Pack camera tripod
  11. Buy extra ice
  12. Jess needs a hair cut
  13. Return library book
  14. Buy snacks for trip
  15. Pack lunch for trip down

I know I am forgetting something....sigh. It's all good, though. I like having these kind of to-do lists. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something as I await the trip ahead.

Before I close, I want to say that I am an inconsiderate boob :) for not mentioning the lovely visit that I had with Marilyn, April and Sarah last week. We met up at BW3s and had dinner...it was far too short a visit, but long overdue. April, when was the last time we got together? It's been months! Anyway, in my last post I was listing all these great times I've had of late, hanging out and catching up with friends. Yet I completely left that tidbit of information out. April reads my blog, so I know she was wondering what the issue was. :) Sorry, April! Too much on my mind!


So, for an April shout out: Have a good trip to PA, and I enjoyed seeing you all! Let's do it again real soon!

Also, to Sheila, in case she EVER reads this blog....Can't wait to see you on the 12th! Miss you!

In other news, I'm still working out faithfully...at least 3 times a week, often 4. I am up to four miles...or I do shorter mileage with a faster pace...a.k.a....jogging. I also do strength/resistance training. Today I did thigh/arm and ab work in addition to a one mile jog. I am feeling great! After my initial 20 lb loss, I'm not dropping weight quickly, but I am reshaping, firming, toning. My clothes fit better. I feel better. I am motivated. YAY! Now if the scale would only move down a few more pounds...LOL!

Okay, that's it for now! Duty calls!

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! That's quite a list of things to do!

Happy blogoversary!