Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Couple of Things That Have Made Me Smile This Christmas Season

It's easy to think that my holiday season has been all bleak and sad this year. But that's not entirely true. Yes, I'm fighting the blues, blah and all the stresses that come with the season.



But there have been some smiles along the way. For example:



  • Rudolph and Clarece that Robert and Jess made for me at the end of November from Build-a-Bear. (B-a-B ought to pay me for all the free ads they get on my blog, lol!) Rudolph's nose lights up and if you press his foot, it plays a song. How sweet!

  • We've had a lot of snow around here, so it may be a white Christmas!

  • I was able to get Josh and Jess' gifts through Ebay much cheaper than anywhere else and they did get what they want- though used- and they are okay with that compromise.

  • I set out to make my holiday cards this year, and I did that, and I got them all out except one or two, which I am working on. I managed to get the holiday pictures taken and the letter written as well. That was quite a project, and I feel I accomplished something.

  • I still have a job.

  • I still have my sanity (I think.)

  • I made it to my dear friend, Bipsy's holiday party Saturday, despite a freezing rain storm. I even blow dried my hair and used a curling iron on it when I was getting ready to go! I have been using the "heater in the Jeep" blow drying method for months now. Felt good to primp a little.

  • A friend sent me a picture of her office, and in it I saw several items I had sent her over the last year. It brought tears to my eyes. And a smile to my lips.

  • I got pretty flowers from the former general manager of our sister company: The pictures does not do the arrangement justice. They are especially lovely now that the roses have opened up.


  • I got a Christmas card from one of our sister company's employees. I had only met this employee once, during one of our training trips. It was an unexpected and welcome surprise.

  • Yesterday, my friend, Sandy, stopped by with this sweet book:




  • Sandy's daughter, Beth is in town and I got to visit with her Saturday! How fun! We swapped ringtones and compared phones and did a lot of catching up.

You know, there's so many more happy little moments in my month that I haven't listed here. I've had lovely chats with my friends on facebook, I've reconnected with some people I only catch up with once a year, and I've spent an hour here and there snuggling on the couch, watching Christmas dvds with the family.

So maybe this celebrating the joy of Christmas thing isn't about having a stress free season. Maybe it's about happy little blessings that light upon us like butterflies- so lightly that if we're not careful, we'll miss them altogether.

If I don't get another chance to say it, Merry Christmas and a very happy 2008!

1 comment:

Patricia Marie said...

Sounds like you have a lot to be grateful for, Kris. I love the reindeers. They made me smile.