Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Pausing to be Thankful

There are some things in my life I'm thankful for right now, and I am going to share them here today. I tend to get caught up in the heartache and struggles of life sometimes, and forget what good things are happening in my life.

  1. I am very thankful for my friends. I appreciate you all so much! From my friends that I've had for 25+ years, to the friends I've recently gotten to know through this blog: you are a daily source of inspiration for me. Thank you!
  2. I am thankful that I have a job, that I am working and able to work. That stability is something I often take for granted, but I know things would be different if I suddenly found myself out of work.
  3. I am excited that I recently pieced together a computer for the kids. So, we are now a two computer household. A monitor here, a mouse there, and an unwanted pc from a friend...boom, we're in business. All at no cost to me! This addition is going to be extremely helpful in the future, I predict. The monitor and keyboard both look like new! The mouse is a cute little AFLAC mouse that has the AFLAC duck "swimming" around in it...a freebie from our AFLAC insurance agent. ;)
  4. I'm happy that my Ipod shuffle is not dead as I supposed it was. It wasn't loading or updating or charging on my work computer. I was sure it was fried. I took it home and it worked just fine on my home computer. I wasn't about to spend any money to replace it with needing numerous things repaired at home. Now it is back in business, which will really prove to be a blessing on my long bus ride to Georgia and back at the end of this month.
  5. The day I posted about my kids being distant was the day I came home and Jo gave me a hug as soon as I walked in the door. Jess has been spending a lot of time talking to me about what's on her mind and that's as healing to me as it is to her. I can handle dealing with the things Josh says and does if the other two kids don't seem distant at the same time. Even Josh thanked me for helping him on a school project yesterday. Wonders never cease! ;)
  6. School is out as of Friday for my kids! Woo-hoo! I always breathe a sigh of relief when that happens! It seems like the expense of having three kids in school (all in three different buildings) gets ridiculous at times. I love summer as much as they do. Not only is it vacation time, it's time for a break from the rat race that the school year can be.
  7. Today is my doctor's appointment and they haven't cancelled it so far! Yay! Thank you, God!
  8. I had to have a talk with a friend on Monday and I had anticipated it would go poorly. I think this friend was also expecting the worst. We were both so relieved that we handled a delicate situation with ease and were both happy with the outcome. Wheh!
  9. It's a sunny, beautiful day! It's warm but not too hot and we're halfway through the work week! That's reason to celebrate!
  10. Jess was telling Robert that she never sees us hug and she doesn't know why. Robert asked Jo if he agreed with her, and he said he did agree. At the time, Robert didn't reply, but he's hugged me every day since that conversation. He's not a very touchy-feely person even with me, so this is indeed a breakthrough. In the past if when I've tried to hug him, he usually seems unresponsive or tenses up, so I'd all but given up. I don't know if this pattern of behavior will last, but I rejoice in it while it does. I know that God can change a heart, so I'm trusting that Robert is a work in progress, just as I am. ;)

Okay, that's my "Top Ten List" of things I'm thankful for. I hope you have lots to be thankful for today! Have a great day wherever you may be!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Putting my thoughts into words isn't working so great right now, but thank you for such a great post today. Hugs!!

(And I am so jealous of the AFLAC mouse... I love that duck)

Patricia Marie said...

Wonderful Wonderful

neicybelle said...

what a great post! thank you for the good news...and i never look a gift hug in the mouth...*smiles*

Holli said...

Great post! Being grateful and making lists can be so life changing!
Praise the Lord for the great things He has done!