Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Is it that time ALREADY?

I truly can't believe the weekend is already gone. ~Pries eyes open.~

Where did the time go?

That's how it usually goes, right? The better the weekend, the faster time flies.

How was your weekend?

Mine qualified to be listed in the "good weekend" category. Friday night I started reading a novel...fiction...stayed up late, reading.

Saturday I read some more...loved it. I so seldom get the chance to read. This book was a fluff novel, but enjoyed it.

Saturday night we went to the drive in to see Shrek 3 and Disturbia. Liked them both. I don't like gory movies, but I do like suspense, and Disturbia was right up my alley. We didn't get home until like 3 am., but I slept in Sunday.

Sunday we had breakfast, I finished reading my novel, did some housework, and then went to the local flea market. It was just me and the kids, Robert stayed home and rested. Ran in to lots of people I knew at the market, and enjoyed visiting.

After the flea market, the kids and I went over to the Dayton National Cemetery to decorate my grandparents' grave. It started raining just as we left, so we timed that just right.

Yesterday all five of us went fishing on a friend of mine's pond. It was such a nice day. We got there about 3 and didn't leave until 9, right as it was getting dark. It was so sweet because there was a family of geese on the water. The dad, mom and three baby goslings. They stayed clear across the pond from us. I know they sure were glad when we finally packed up and left.

Josh caught three fish, and Jo and I caught two each. It seems like catfish are what populate this pond. We do catch and release, so the unsuspecting fish can live to swim another day.

Last night I was unable to go to sleep because I have been used to staying up late and getting up later over the past few days. I ended up writing poetry until after one in the morning.

Ugh! I am so tired today! I am going to have to have more than one cup of coffee or I will short circuit my keyboard when I start drooling on it, snoozing away. Actually, my keyboard has a plastic cover. Perhaps that was a good investment after all. :)

More later, when I am more coherent. Hope you're having a good Tuesday!


2 comments:

Leah said...

Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend-yay!! Now the challenge of trying to get back into the swing of things at work-yuck!

Holli said...

Yes, the weekend went to fast!
Glad you had a good time. Drove past your house Monday morning on my way to my Aunt's house.