Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dreams



In the past, I've had dreams that have been prophetic in nature. My dreams aren't always prophetic. There are some times that they are. I do think these dreams I'm having ARE prophetic. I'm not sure why I think this, but when my dreams are a foretelling, I sense that they are after I wake up.

I am fascinated by Holli's dream book. I think it has a lot greater information than the crappy one I had did. The dream interpretations in mine all sounded alike. I discounted its credibility alltogether. Holli's book seems to be much more logical and therefore, more likely.

I will give you two examples when my dreams were prophetic.

My friend had a daughter who was told she would never have children. I had known my friend, at the time, for a couple of years.

When she was telling me about her daughter's attempts to have children, in my spirit, I knew she WOULD have children.

About a week after the friend revealed this information to me, I had a dream. In the dream, I was in a house that I was not familiar with. I saw a baby who looked just like my friend. It was like a miniature version of my friend. I went over and picked the baby up, and I knew, because the baby was a mini version of my friend, that this was her granddaughter.

I felt led to tell my friend about the dream.

She immediately said, "Well, I think it was just a dream. My daughter has been trying for about eight to ten years now. We just don't think it's going to happen."

I said, "Okay, but I am just telling you what I saw. A dark haired baby girl that looked just like you."

About six weeks later, my friend received the news that her daughter was pregnant. She cried tears of joy. I smiled and sat back and waited.

Well into the pregnancy, my friend's daughter found out she was expecting a boy.

So my friend asked me, "What about that? Your dream spoke of a girl." I think my friend was slightly dissapointed, because she had her sights set on a granddaughter by this time. My reply came immediately, and I can't say that it came from my own heart. I said, "Who says the dream foretold THIS pregnancy?" My friend said, "Oh, no. They've already talked. They aren't having any more children. They only want one." "Okay," I said. I said nothing more.

Less than two years later, along came their dark haired girl. She now has blond hair, but she does look a great deal like my friend.

The other situation involved another friend and the sex of her baby, as well as the well being of her child. My friend had been having nightmares that her unborn child was going to be born severely deformed. The reason for her fear was that she was on a couple of medications that she had to take, which she knew could cause problems in her pregnancy. She was categorized as high risk.

I dreamt that she had a perfectly healthy baby girl, who was adorable. I told her that. She calmed down, and enjoyed the rest of her pregnancy, based on past situations where I had been given messages that turned out to be true. She did indeed have a beautiful baby girl who is now a healthy 8-year old.

So, I don't know, but I think these dreams are prophetic...and I think the change is going to directly impact my life.

So we'll see.

3 comments:

Holli said...

You didn't happen to see any Korean babies did you?
LOL! Hey I can wish can't I?!

Leah said...

LOL @ Holli! You are too funny, girl.

And Kris, that is an awesome gift you have. My belief system tends to be different than a lot of people, but one thing I definitely believe is that the human mind is capable of so much more than we think. Your mind has the ability to see beyond the here and now and that is very cool.

Pam said...

would you mind dreaming about Jeff getting a job please?

Holli you crack me up!

also, i talked to a friend in school once who had read up on some jungian psychology. interestingly, jung believed that everyone in our dreams is really us, only different versions of ourself. isn't that weird?