Monday, November 27, 2006

Another Monday This Way Comes


Well, it's back to work after four days off. It was a nice weekend. I did exactly what I hoped to do on Thursday. We got up early, and Rob, Jess, Jo and I cooked. Josh slept in late. He wasn't feeling well. More about that later. Anyway, Jess, Jo and I did the sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, tarts, banana cream pie, punch, egg nog and rolls. We got our stuff done and out of the way for Rob to do his share. He did ham and turkey, the major work on the deviled eggs (which Jo and Jess later assembled) and the stuffing. Working together, it didn't seem like all that much work for any one person.

After we ate and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (we ate early, like 10:30 a.m.!) we all took naps. I got up and had a little bite to eat later. I didn't really do much of anything except clean up and napping. It was a day of relaxation for all.

Friday and Saturday ended up being a lot of running around doing errands. And cleaning. No shopping for gifts. I hate to fight crowds. Although I have so little shopping done that I am sure eventually I will have to fight a crowd or two. Oh well.

Sunday I was lazy, and did little to nothing all day. So I had two days of rest and two days of running.

*Okay, I started this post yesterday when I was in a grande mood. Today, Tuesday, I am feeling quite down, so I am closing this 'happy' post and proceding to a new one.*

No comments: