Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday, Friday, Friday!


I made it! It's here! I am so glad!

Ugh! What a week! Ten more hours, and my work week shall be over. Yay!



I forgot to mention something good that happened yesterday. On Wednesday night, I was talking to Rob and I said, "Tomorrow I have decided I'm going to stop and get breakfast before I go to work. I've been telling myself that I should all week, and I let time get away from me. But on Thursday, I'm going to! I never get anything to eat before I start my work day, and I am going to make it a priority."

That's all I said about it, and he didn't say anything much in reply.

Yesterday came along, and as usual, I was dragging my feet, and let time get away. I didn't get any breakfast. Big shock there!

So, around 8:30 in the morning, Rob called. He usually calls a couple of times a day to see how I'm doing. Or, sometimes he stops by around lunchtime, because our jobs are less than a mile apart in town. Anyway, he called and said, "Did you ever get any breakfast?"

I laughed and told him no, that as usual, I was running late. He said okay, and we chatted for a few more minutes and hung up.

A half an hour later I was out at my desk, and I saw the van pull up. Out he comes with a plastic bag. In it is all kinds of breakfast foods...bottled orange juice and cranberry juice, a breakfast "pizza," (no tomato) and a breakfast sandwich. So, I have food and a drink left over for today, also.

He only gets a fifteen minute break at nine. So, he had to rush to get there and bring me that stuff, and rush out. I felt like crying, because I realize that this kind of behavior is not out of the ordinary for him. I was smiling when he drove off, and I could see him smiling back at me as he drove away. Snif. I am blessed to have him. Like me, he has his quirks and faults. But he really does care about me and does everything he can to make me happy. He is a good man, and I truly thank God for him in my life.

Like Holli said in one of her posts, tomorrow I'm sure I'll be mad at him for one reason or another, but today, I'm just being grateful.

Well, off I go. Time for the morning rush. Hope you are having a good Friday morning! It's still raining, but at least the sun is shining in my heart some today. How about yours?

4 comments:

Holli said...

That is SO awesome. Tim could really take some lessons from him.
I am so glad it's Friday!!

Leah said...

That was very sweet of Rob-it's always the little things like that, that make you feel loved and appreciated. I hope your Friday flies by and you have a great weekend!

Patricia Marie said...

WHY GOD CREATED CHILDREN (AND IN THE PROCESS GRANDCHILDREN)
>

>
> To those of us who have children in our lives,
>
> whether they are our own, grandchildren, nieces,
> nephews, or students...
> here is something to make you chuckle.
> Whenever your children are out of control,
> you can take comfort from the thought that
> even God's omnipotence did not extend
> to His own children.
> After creating heaven and earth,
> God created Adam and Eve.
> And the first thing he said was "DON'T!"
>
> "Don't what?" Adam replied.
>
> "Don't eat the forbidden fruit." God said.
>
> "Forbidden fruit? We have forbidden fruit?
> Hey Eve..we have forbidden fruit!"
>
> " No Way!"
> "Yes way!"
> "Do NOT eat the fruit! " said God.
>
> "Why?"
>
> "Because I am your Father and I said so! " God replied,
> wondering why He hadn't stopped creation after making the elephants.
>
> A few minutes later, God saw His children having an apple break
> and He was ticked!
> "Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit? " God asked.
>
> "Uh huh," Adam replied.
>
> "Then why did you? " said the Father.
>
> "I don't know," said Eve.
>
> "She started it! " Adam said.
>
> "Did not! "
> "Did too! "
> "DID NOT! "
>
> Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and
> Eve
> should have children of their own.
> Thus the pattern was set and it has never changed.
> BUT THERE IS REASSURANCE IN THE STORY!
>
> If you have persistently and lovingly tried to give children wisdom and
> they haven't taken it, don't be hard on yourself.
If God had trouble raising children, what makes you think it would be
> a piece of cake for you?
>
> THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!
>
>
> 1. You spend the first two years of their life
> teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend
> the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.
>
> 2. Grandchildren are God's reward
> for not killing your own children.
>
> 3. Mothers of teens now know why
> some animals eat their young.
>
> 4. Children seldom misquote you.
In fact, they usually repeat word for word
> what you shouldn't have said.
>
> 5. The main purpose of holding children's parties
> is to remind yourself that there are children
> more awful than your own.
>
> 6. We childproofed our homes,
> but they are still getting in.
>
>
> ADVICE FOR THE DAY:
>
> Be nice to your kids.
> They will choose your
> nursing home one day.
>
> AND FINALLY:
>
> IF YOU ! HAVE A LOT OF TENSION
> AND YOU GET A HEADACHE,
> DO WHAT IT SAYS
> ON THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE:
>
> "TAKE TWO ASPIRIN"
> AND "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN"!!!!!
>
(For a laugh, I am passing this on)

neicybelle said...

good man, good man...how awesome!