Monday, April 24, 2006

If You're in the Mood For Something Melancholy

I was going over some of my old files in my computer and found this poem I wrote way back in 1999. Was I in serious need of therapy this day or what? So, that's how I deal with any dark mood clouds that hover over me. I write. Poetry, usually. Or if I'm extra happy, I write. Again, usually poetry.

Anyway, thought I'd post this poem. I figure, if nothing else, I can read it and think, "At least I'm having a better day today than I was on the day I wrote THAT!"



Run



Days run together like

so many thoughts…

jumbled and restless.

Too many trains

going too many places

at once.

I follow

in my mind

but see no pattern

no end or explanation…

nor a real destination

neither solace nor system;

only whim

and indecision.



Drop me off here.

I don’t care

if it’s nowhere.

At least it’s quiet

in these fields;

they run together

like so many thoughts…

unassembled

without pattern

unprotected by certainty.

Left to ramble

stretched out over

emptiness:

wrapped up in aloneness

hearing echos in the wind

seeing shadows

in the trees

and having nothing

but time

to run nowhere.

1 comment:

neicybelle said...

Holey moley! I like that! It's very good, Kristi! Poetry is an awesome way of expressing yourself; sad, mad, happy, or bored out of your skull...it's all good! :-)