Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I am Such a Sponge!

I hate that about myself! I really am such a sponge! Today I started out the day in a decent mood. The sun was shining, I felt good, and had no complaints.

Then I started listening to a friend of mine who was crying and having a really bad day. She's going through the loss of a loved one, is feeling overwhelmed and is a little lonely. I did my best to lend my ear and not advice, and after awhile she seemed to feel better.

So I came back to work and started to get back into the swing of things. Out of nowhere I realized that I was feeling depressed and was no longer in a great mood.

I do this so often. I get so involved in reaching out to my friends and family that I take on the person's mood that I'm trying to be there for.
UGH! That is not helpful for them or healthy for me.
Now that I recognize what's happened, perhaps I can talk myself out of the blues. Maybe a little music will do the trick. Usually Smash Mouth is a good group for me to listen to when I'm not feeling my best. They're very upbeat.

Music therapy. I'll try that.

No comments: