Wednesday, April 18, 2007

All News that Is News


Nothing new here. The nurse practitioner assured me she would call me back last night, and still hasn't. Gotta love the waiting game. The pain in my chest has gotten worse, so last night I took a Tylonel 3 that I had left over from my surgery last year. I did sleep, but I am loopy today. Groggy.

This is gross, but today I'm starting to cough up green phlem (E-yuck!) but because of that I am a bit relieved. Perhaps this is just "walking pnuemonia." I'd much rather have that, since I've had lung issues all my life, rather than a heart attack or stroke, no matter how mild. I'd like to keep my heart muscle in tact, thank you very much. It seems like a rather important muscle, you know? ;) I've heard people can live on just a piece of lung, but the heart....the body kind of likes having blood pumped to it. So: lung stuff good, heart stuff bad. (Still don't have a definitive answer about the blood pressure thing.)

Josh is feeling better, but I kept him out of school, anyway. He's not 100% and now Jess is feeling yucky. Sigh. The yucks travel fast with kids. I hope Jo doesn't get sick, because he just got over strep throat a few weeks back.

Maggie is doing so much better today. She isn't running any marathons, but we had to watch her like a hawk yesterday. Anytime anyone opened the back door, she tried to sneak out. She wants to play with the other dogs, but it's too much for her right now. I allowed her some outdoor time on her leash, and I let her "sniff" the other dogs, but kept her from playing with them. They're just too rowdy, even our little Taz. I can tell Maggie is bored, but the whole time she's awake, her tail is thump-thump-thumping on the wood floor. She seems to be irritated with her incision, but isn't trying to bother it too much. She's eating and drinking normally now, so I think she's going to recover just fine.

That's it for now. I have some actual work to do.

Hope you're having a good day!

Hugs!

1 comment:

John said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! That stinks that you're sick because if the weather was normal you might be Ok right now. Where is spring? take care!