Friday, March 16, 2007

More Vague Friendship Rambling

I'm happy to report today that I decided to email my friend that I was having the issue with. I thought out, typed out the email novella, read and reread it, sent it, and I immediately felt better. I am not one of those people who often send short emails. I think fast, type fast, and I am far better at saying things on paper...virtual or hand written....than I am talking things out. Any of you that get emails from me know I'm serious! ;) Although, I love to chat in person, serious issues are easier for me to organize my thoughts on when I write or type them out. So, I wrote a tactful, caring but direct email and sent it. I felt the stress fall away.

You see, I didn't do anything wrong. I wasn't in the wrong and I knew it. In fact, she wasn't really in the wrong, but she was coming across as bitter and whiny about a situation that I felt was supposed to be a blessing to her. I wasn't asking for rose petals to be thrown at my feet. Just a little less complaining.

I think what really irked me is that the complaining had been shared with a mutual friend, who admitted to me that she knew about the issue. She felt like she was getting brought into the whole thing against her will. I felt like this third party should have never been involved without my friend coming to me first. I was angry.

I got a response back from my email, and it was apologetic, caring, and filled with the gratitude. It helped heal the erosion that was bubbling around in my soul. I never did mention that I knew she was discussing the situation with our mutual friend. I didn't feel that would be fair to the 3rd party, who had reluctantly admitted her knowledge. However, I am going to try to figure out a way to "drop a hint" that I would prefer she come to me in the future instead of going to someone else first. Although she may have just been looking for this person's take on the issue, needing a sounding board. I dunno. She's not usually a gossiper.

My friend means a great deal to me. There is no way I'm letting this thing come between our decades old friendship.

I am so glad I didn't let it go. I'm never good at that. I handle things are much better when I address them right away. Why let things fester?

Fester, fester, rot, rot, rot. Never healthy. ;)

Okay, I'm out of here for now.

I think I'm done confusing you with my vague attempts to work this out on my blog. I hope.

I hope to post again later today.

Hope you're having a great Friday!

No comments: