Monday, March 12, 2007

Lovely Day

I had a good weekend; how about you?

At Holli's suggestion, Robert and I went to see "Wild Hogs" on Friday night. It was hilarious! We didn't make it an official date, just went to the movie and back home. We had grabbed a bite to eat before we left home.

Saturday, I came in to work when Robert did, at 6 a.m., so I could get some stuff caught up. Last week was a bear here at work. Seems like it's picking up around here (I hope) and with Bipsy gone, I managed to get behind quickly. I made a big dent in the pile, but it seems like it's working its way back to mayhem today.

Anyway, I came in and worked Saturday morning until 11ish, and then ran a couple of errands. From there, I picked John, Jess and Jo up and we went to Bipsy's house. I took some laundry to do while I was there, as well as some scrapbooking. I also brought stuff to make lunch and dinner.

We had a lot of fun. The kids watched t.v., we got in the hot tub, I scrapbooked, we sat around talking, we ate, and I napped. I got a couple of loads of laundry done. I call that a good day. We didn't get home until around 9:30 that night. Robert had gone to the movies to see "300" after he got off work. When he got home, he and Josh spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies at the house.

Sunday the kids and I worked on the yard a little. It was 60 degrees most of the day and very sunny. I feel such a sense of renewal from the sun's rays. Jess and I scrapbooked (I'm so glad she's getting back in to it) and I did some light cleaning.

Even with the time change, I have felt energized all day. I feel like the sun warmed me straight to my soul. It's a sunny 62 degrees today, and I'm loving it. I only wish I were outside, not stuck inside on the computer. ;)

Bipsy brings back the best souvenirs from her trips. And she travels A LOT! She got me a cute night shirt and an adorable bag from the Virgin Islands. I think I may even use it to tote my scrapbooking stuff around. I'll try to post pictures later.

This has truly been a peaceful last few days. I thank God for this type of peace. It's a good respite, and much needed after some of the painful events I've seen in 2007 so far.

I hope you're having a great week so far.

Ellie, Happy Commonwealth Day. Please share with us what the holiday means to you and how it's commemorated. I'd love to hear what you, my personal ambassador to Canada, has to say. :)

4 comments:

Leah said...

I'm feeling like a lame Canadian today. I had to look up what Commonwealth Day was. Turns out it's a stat holiday in some of the commonwealth countries, celebrating Queen Victoria's birth. We celebrate her birthday on May 24th (or the nearest Monday). It's a day of observance here, where the Union Jack gets flown along side the Canadian flag and some ceremonies in Ottawa, but not much else. It's not even on my calendar. Damn, I could have used another stat holiday! But thanks for the good wishes...not my best Canuck moment...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! Isn't housesitting the best...especially when someone has a hottub! Hopefully work doesn't swamp you too bad this week. Take care!

Holli said...

I am in love with the sunshine!
It feels so good and it's really improved moods and made Tucker a much happier person! haha!
Sounds like things are going well for you I am SO glad!

neicybelle said...

yay for the return of our friend, the warm sun!
boo for holidays we don't get time off for!
yay for hot tubs and scrabbooking and movies with husbands!
boo for being swamped at work!

yay for smiles!

John said...

I'm gald to hear you're having the same great weather we are! It's amazing here! I'm jealous that you got to hottub nad also that Robert got to see the 300. What did he think of it?