Friday, February 16, 2007

Having a bad Friday

I'm having a bad day. I found out that the animal control officer either lied or didn't know what he was talking about. He said I could just "call the court and make arrangements to pay the ticket without going to court." I called the court number given to me today and found out that I actually have to go to court and appear before the judge on Tuesday evening regarding the tickets I got for my dogs. Huge sigh. Major headache. I'll still pay the fine. I would have paid the fine, even if I didn't go to court. So why waste the court's time and my time? UGH!

Then Wednesday afternoon is Josh's two hour initial psychological evaluation held at the juvenile court facility. I have to leave work early, and Robert and I both have to go. We're going to have the pleasure of rehashing the whole incident all over again. UGH!

This has been a difficult year so far with smatterings of joy interspersed. I'm having a difficult time remaining positive today. At this point, I'd just like to go to bed and put the covers up over my ears and pretend the world doesn't exist. Ever felt that way?

UGH! Double UGH! Triple UGH!

Here's to hoping the weekend is better for all of us! Stay warm!

3 comments:

Holli said...

I have never heard of going to court because your dogs got out. I've also never heard of being given a fine for the first offense. That is ridiculous. I had to go and pick my dog up several times from the pound and I had to pay a fee to get him out but they never fined me.
I know that the exam with Josh will be difficult and the easiest thing to do is put it behind you and move on but that doesn't help Josh any. I am glad that you are going through with the exam and going to get him the help he needs. My prayers are with you as always. Hope your weekend perks up and you get to enjoy time with the family!
OH! Speaking of time... is there a time I can stop by and pick up my order? I want to play around with some scrapbooking this weekend and I want to pay you while I have the moola.
THANks!

Patricia Marie said...

Time has a way of making everything OK and you will be OK. Try and relax this weekend.

Leah said...

This whole dog situatio is ridiculous. Waste of time, indeed.

I hope all goes well at Josh's evaluation. I know it must be hard rehashing it over again, but it's worth it if he can get some help.

Have a relaxing weekend and stay warm!