Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Student Will Now Be the Teacher



I am always learning something from the blogs I follow. I hardly ever put anything on my blog that "teaches" anything. My blog usually consists of the details of my mundane little life.

Until today!

My boss and friend, who I am tired of calling "my boss and friend," so I will now call Bipsy just for the fun of it....(I am changing her name to protect the 'innocent'....) went away to Italy recently. I had fun house and cat sitting, and because a.) she always buys the coolest souvenirs when she travels b.) she's just a very giving person and c.) she really, really loves me d.) I do her job while she's gone...(can I call that even if I messed up a gazillion things in her absence?) she ordered a beautiful glass cat...Murano glass...and had it shipped home.





The box contained a pamphlet...certificate of authenticity.... that described the glass making process and serves as an advertisement for the company as well. I thought it was neat information, so I thought I'd share it.

***For some reason, blogger isn't allowing me to add those photos in to this post, so I will try to create a new post with them in it. ***

Anyway, I can't help feeling a little spoiled as my pretty glass kitty sits nearby and watches me type. It really is unique!

Did I mention that I have awesome friends? I keep forgetting if I have ever brought that up.....





2 comments:

neicybelle said...

Oh Kristi! That is an AMAZING gift! It's absolutely beautiful!

Blogger gets weird on me now and then and won't let me post pics...*shrugs*

Leah said...

The Murano glass cat is beautiful. I have a huge collection of glass animals, glass flowers, candle holders, etc (it's a bit of an obsession). But I don't have anything made by Murano-thanks for posting the info on how they are created!