Friday, June 30, 2006

Neat Little Book

My friend, Bipsy, :) had a book entitled "Earth Medicine" by Kenneth Meadows. It was really neat. It is all about Native American healing stones and birth wheels and seasons and what not. Now, let me say that I am not a practicer of earth medicine or Native American healing, etc. My mother was fascinated with our Native American heritage and studied all kinds of books on the subject. I, on the other hand, take my faith from the Bible and run with it. So, Earth Medicine isn't a religion for me.

I think I'll compare my interest with this book to the Chinese Astrology placemats that are always under my plate at the yummy Chinese Buffet down the street. Coincidently, they say that my husband and I are the perfect match. Which I think we are...so I would agree with that. Would I bet my life on what they say? No. No more than I would the fortunes that I find in my fortune cookie at the same restaurant. Although my last one said that "the star of riches will shine on you beginning next month." I wouldn't mind that one being correct. Seriously.

Anyway, it's like Dr. Kevin Lehman's books on birth order. They're super informative. They also say my husband and I are the perfect match. Again, I have to agree. Do I agree with every statement made in the book? No. I laugh at the ironically on-target stuff and kind of shake my head at the non- on-target stuff.

So, that disclaimer having been made, I am still laughing at the irony in this little book. It's a smaller version of the book Bipsy had. She bought it for me...it is all about my animal totem, the Woodpecker. I've had it for a few years, and every time I read it, I chuckle at how on target it is as far as describing my personality. It's almost as if the person looked in on me and wrote the book. Thought I'd share it with you. **** You will most likely have to click on the picture and enlarge it to read the text.*****

Just in case Kenneth Meadows of one of his friends/associates/relatives is reading this blog (HA!) and decides to sue me for reproducing photos (without permission) of this book, please keep in mind that I said it was neat (free advertising) and that I will delete this post faster than you can shake a stick at me rather than be sued. :) Thank you and have a nice day, Mr. Meadows and company.




I hate to admit that this is how I really am, but it truly is very close.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I am an owl and my husband is a brown bear!! Cute! Thanks for sharing!