Monday, January 30, 2006

An Artificial Sun Lamp Sounds Good Right Now

I've still got the dreary-blahs. It hits me every year around this time. We actually have morning sun today and moderate temperatures. We had a gorgeous sunrise both today and last Friday. However, the rays aren't strong enough to radiate into the depths of my brain. My mind says, "hibernate! hibernate!" Yet my work schedule rebels against such primitive thinking. If I had my way I could sleep until noon and then putter around the house doing redundant household tasks day after day.

Rob and I did talk today about after my surgery and recovery, maybe we could start doing a walk/jog around the neighborhood. We might even get the kids involved. I don't like walking alone. I told him I wanted to make sure he was along so that if a vicious dog pounces, I can have someone bigger than me to shove in front of it.

No, really, we'll just have to take a walking stick along. Country strolls seem so idyllic, but I was attacked by a dog when I was 15 and on one of those "peaceful" country strolls, so 'tis better to be safe than a chew toy.

Sigh. I'm thinking Easter, pastels, sandals and light, warm breezes. The windows on the porch, open, inviting sunlight and the sound of doves cooing to one another. Tulips poking through the ground....buds on the trees...the smell of lilac permeating the mornings. Okay, okay: I can dream, can't I?

No comments: